Indiana Campaign Manager HTML
ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPEN POSITION - INDIANA
|POSITION:||Indiana Campaign Manager - Temporary|
|REPORTS TO:||Indiana Executive Director|
|POSITION AVAILABLE:||Temporary Role, Available January through November 2018|
Stand for Children – a leading voice for students – seeks a driven and motivated individual to create and execute city and state-level campaign strategies in Indiana through November.
Stand for Children is a powerful voice for students. Our mission is to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, a college education. To date, Stand for Children’s eleven state affiliates (AZ, CO, IL, IN, LA, MA, OK, OR, TN, TX, and WA) have impacted the lives of millions of children through their state and district level work.
The Stand for Children family consists of two separate organizations—Stand for Children, a grassroots membership lobby for children exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization exempt under section 501(c)(3).
Stand for Children and the Stand for Children Leadership Center work together to:
- Educate and empower parents, teachers, and community members to demand excellent schools; and
- Advocate for effective local and state education policies and investments and ensure that those policies impact classrooms and students.
Separately, Stand for Children works to elect courageous leaders who will stand up for our priorities.
We stand for achievement by all students, through quality early childhood education, effective, empowered and supported teachers and principals, engaged families with high expectations, and other strategies that provide students the tailored instruction and support they need to graduate high school ready for college.
We stand for access to high quality schools for all students, especially students in poverty, students of color, and students learning English. To expand access to all students, we advocate for effective educational leadership at all levels, sufficient and effectively spent school funding, and clear, accurate information about how schools are performing for parents, educators, and the community.
We believe all children deserve an equal opportunity to succeed in life. Education is the key that unlocks the door to success, but far too many children, through no fault of their own, aren’t getting the education they need to make it in life. We are passionately committed to righting this wrong.
Stand for Children seeks a driven, innovative, self-motivated individual as the Indiana Campaign Manager. This individual will work closely with the Indiana Executive Director, Government Affairs Director, and City Director to implement member mobilization and campaign strategies aimed at winning city and state electoral and legislative campaigns. The Indiana Campaign Manager will work towards these wins by mobilizing the Indiana statewide membership base and engaging new members in order to elect education reform-minded champions into local and state offices. The Indiana Campaign Manager will work in close collaboration with the state staff members of this established yet fast-growing Stand for Children affiliate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Indiana’s electoral work through targeted campaign activities (e.g., phone banking, canvassing);
- Providing input and recommendations for modification to state campaign strategy to win issue campaigns and elections at the district and state levels when necessary, and then implementing those modifications;
- Conducting comprehensive member outreach to engage and mobilize the statewide membership base; acting as primary point of contact for statewide members;
- Providing membership with expertise and technical support to support statewide advocacy work;
- Managing and serving as the lead point of contact for the field team of firms and/or individuals hired to phone bank and canvass; working with the state leadership and National Campaigns Director to select vendors for the campaign;
- Working with the National Campaigns Director to ensure training of staff on effective resident contact and identification strategies, and develop persuasive scripts for phone banking and canvassing;
- Coordinating with the Indiana Marketing and Communications Director to translate the implications of state and city political issues into informative, engaging, and persuasive content for a broad audience for the purpose of resident identification, and develop and maintain training toolkits and communications templates;
- Supporting the Government Affairs Director on legislative relationship-building work;
- As appropriate, coordinating with community organizers to cultivate volunteers for ongoing campaign efforts.
- Representing Stand for Children as a part of various issue-based coalitions; working with coalition partners.
The Indiana Campaign Manager will be joining a national team of professionals committed to improving children’s lives. Stand for Children’s managers are empowering, entrepreneurial leaders who are committed to providing outstanding supervision in order for staff to develop as professionals and grow within the organization.
- Unwavering commitment to and alignment with Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center’s shared goal of improving public schools;
- Experience working on a federal or state political campaign or in the electoral arena;
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful campaign strategies, especially the tactical execution to achieve results;
- Solid political instincts and the ability to influence a diverse group of citizens toward action;
- Exceptional communicator, including developing and delivering persuasive and concise content to large audiences;
- Experience working with diverse populations that include all ethnic and socioeconomic groups;
- Project management skills and keen attention to detail with strong follow-up;
- Capacity to build and maintain effective systems in a fast-paced, ever-shifting campaign environment; and
- Strong drive for results; embraces innovation and takes positive risks to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Ability to be in multiple locations in the course of a given day, the ability to transport items, and the ability to set up and take down meeting equipment (chairs, tables, projectors, screens, etc.); May require the ability to climb stairs;
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. This position is temporary and will last through the duration of the current campaign.
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center are equal opportunity employers and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply for this position, please visit to fill out our online application and submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter. No calls please.