Sam McCann - Senate District 50
Why We Endorse Sam McCann: “We’ve endorsed McCann before and are honored to endorse him again this year. He’s demonstrated that he will stand up for his district first and foremost, sticking up for fair funding for downstate schools.”
Bio: Sam McCann was born November 4, 1969, in West Hamlin, West Virginia. He graduated from Harts High School in Harts, West Virginia, and attended Lewis & Clark Community College and Blackburn College.
He is the owner and president of McCann Construction in Carlinville. Sam and his wife, Vicki, have a son, Trayton, and a daughter, Katherine.
Senator McCann has served in the Illinois Senate since January 2011. He currently serves on the Agriculture, Environment & Conservation, Higher Education, Local Government, and Public Health Committees.
His business organizations include:
- Ten-year member of National, State & Local Association of Home Builders
- Served on the Board of Directors of NAHB & Executive Committee as State Representative.
- 2007 president of the Home Builders Association of Illinois and ten-year Board of Directors member.
- 2004 president of Springfield Area Home Builders Association and Board of Director member.
- Member of Associated Builders and Contractors, and the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
- Member of several local Chambers of Commerce.
His community organizations include:
- Served on General Assembly’s Joint Task Force for Indoor Air Quality (“Mold Task Force”) in 2004.
- Served on the Illinois Department of Health, Division of Environmental Health, Advisory Board.
- Helped organize and participated in Habitat for Humanity’s “The House that Congress Built” in Springfield (spearheaded by Congressmen John Shimkus and Ray LaHood).
(Paid for by Stand for Children IL PAC)