2015 was a big year for Stand for Children Arizona but an even bigger year for Arizona’s kids. As we look back at this year’s accomplishments, we’re grateful for all that we’ve achieved to make sure our students graduate high school ready for college and the careers of tomorrow.
Here are just some of our biggest wins for students in 2015:
- Defended Arizona’s higher academic standards and smarter tests at the Arizona State Capitol
- Our supporters collectively sent over 15,000 letters to legislators advocating to keep higher standards in our state
- Activated 655 supporters statewide to take action on our campaigns
- Inspired 395 supporters to tell the Arizona Legislature and Governor Doug Ducey to approve education funding plan during special legislative session
- Rolled out new website, DoYourHomeworkArizona.org, that helps parents understand their child’s homework as well as Stand Arizona’s new website – an additional resource for parents
- Launched a successful high school tutoring program for parents and students in Alhambra that serves, on average, 30+ children every week
- Helped parents understand new AzMERIT test scores by building out new resources on our website and ran a public education campaign to help educate parents
- Since we started our work in Arizona, our organization has trained over 2,000 parents in advocacy skills
We want to acknowledge that all of this incredible work couldn’t have been done without the ongoing support of our parent members and their families. We’d also like to recognize and thank our supporters, donors, and partners.
Our team would like to sincerely thank all those who helped make these victories for Arizona’s students possible this past year.
The next year presents a number of opportunities to improve our education system for students, including making wise investments in education funding and electing strong education champions. Together, we’re excited to do even more for our kids in 2016.
Until then, we wish your family a safe and happy holiday!
Rebecca Gau, Executive Director